Attention Burke, Jackson, Yadkin, Chowan, Craven, and Nash Counties: N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission Hearings on Sunday Hunting Coming to You!!!!
The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission, which seems to have the state’s 139-year-old Sunday hunting ban in its crosshairs, has proposed rule changes that would allow falconry, bow hunting and crossbow hunting on Sunday.
Unless concerned citizens from these counties and surrounding areas speak out at a series of public hearings this month, they may soon lose the freedom of a Sunday walk in the woods as the Lord’s Day becomes hunters’ prey.
Please note the schedule for the following hearings:
- Jan. 13, Morganton Municipal Auditorium in Morganton (Burke County)
- Jan. 14, Southwestern Community College in Sylva (Jackson County)
- Jan. 15, Starmount High School in Boonville (Yadkin County)
- Jan. 20, Swain Auditorium in Edenton (Chowan County)
- Jan. 21, Craven County Courthouse in New Bern (Craven)
- Jan. 22, Brown Auditorium at Nash Community College in Rocky Mount (Nash)
Talking points may be accessed by clicking here.
Read Related Story: Sunday Hunting Ban in the Crosshairs
Voice Your Opposition Online: To submit comments to the Commission via its Web site, go to www.ncwildlife.org, click on the 2009-10 Proposed Regulations and scroll down to H25, H26, H27 and H28.